Monday, March 19, 2007

My favorite son

There are so few things in life that are excellent, pure total joys. It seems that everything is tainted and twisted and less than perfect in some ways. But today was an exception. Oh there were plenty of challenges about today, don’t get me wrong . . . church was horrible, we spent money like water down a river, I had to say goodbye to my parents, niece and brother.

But it had a perfect moment as well. We were able to call Jake in Germany and talk to him for a few minutes. He informed us that he has been asked to be the Captain of the JV soccer team at BFA. And then he told us that he went with the Varsity team this weekend to their game, and that he got to play and that he SCORED!!

We were so thrilled for him! It has been great to see him begin using his immense natural gifts of leadership, and to have others recognize these things in him as well, and then ask him to use those gifts. Man, my heart is about to burst from pride.

The only thing that could have possibly been better would to have been there and seen it for myself. But that does not diminish his success at all. He is my favorite son.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

love you dad