Friday, March 30, 2007

Between the Sun and Wind


Between the sun and the wind is a hard place to define. They both are illusive entities. But if you can find just the right amount of both of them, then you will experience the perfect temperature and ambiance. Like I said, this perfect balance is a hard thing to define and find.

Yesterday I wrote a post that many took the wrong way . . . and that would mean that there was definitely too much sun! Some days when you are in the Hairy Armpit year after year, its like way too much wind . . . things are cold and lonely. Well I certainly have not been lonely these last 20 hours or so!

The kids are home from BFA and it is amazing that I have such awesome kids. When I was a kid, I was not awesome . . . I hovered at low-end mediocrity for most of my life. So as a dad, between the sun and wind is a fine place to find. Thank you Lord!

The International Church is going really really well for the most part . . . though we are still searching for the perfect tension between the sun and wind there . . . we are getting closer, and more and more people are coming to Christ!

The Seminary teaching is going well . . . for the most part I have found that balance between the sun and wind at ETS and being there often encourages my soul. The students love me and the administration tolerates me.

Brenda is cranking with ENTRUST training and this those incredible Alliance women have largely funded. Brenda is basking in the perfect balance of sun and wind. Her ladies are growing in leaps and bounds!

My wish yesterday was to assist the CMA in finding the right place between the sun and wind . . . I guess I will keep floundering around until I can find a better forum to discuss these matters.

2 comments:

Lv2Hike said...

Hang in there David. I always appreciate your honesty and am glad to have you and Brenda as my teammates. God is doing cool things here! See you and the fam Sunday (and I promise not to bring the rain). C.

Joan said...

David,
I always appreciate your honesty as well. (I think you and I had this discussion some time back)And I did ask for explanations today as you suggested. I got some and will seek more. I've been known in the past as a "loose cannon" cuz I speak my mind spontaneously and impulsively, mindless of who it may offend, unintentionally offending more than expected. I really didn't give a rip what others thought. But in my very long journey in working toward being more Christlike, I am learning (I think) to speak as I think He might. I'm no where close to being there, but I long for the day when my mouth opens and God's words come out, not mine. And between the sun and the wind, we find our Creator. Praise His Name Keep up the good work.