Wednesday, July 05, 2006

rest, relaxing and revving up

am practicing at resting. It is not something I do well. I do not know how to stop working. I do not know how disconnect and quit at the end of the day. I do not know how to rest. Thus I am practicing. I am practicing at having a whole day where I do not work at all, not one tiny bit . . . we are sharing an American holiday with friends in Mostar Bosnia. Not working is surely hard work!

This shows that I am far far too task oriented and that I take myself and my work way to seriously. I need to lighten up and have more fun. But what if work is fun? How is that different than fun fun? And what exactly is fun anyways?

Is fun being frivolous? Is fun being silly? Is fun being distracted? Perhaps fun is that which brings mindless feelings of happiness? Maybe fun is that which you want to do rather than what you have to do? Perhaps fun is just a tempo change in life? Fun might be that which requires no effort or no thought? Frankly I don't know. But everyone tells me I need to have more, so I am practicing at resting . . . at having fun. Maybe I will run another marathon.

1 comment:

Sue O. (aka Joannie, SS) said...

Sounds like you are going down in de"feet" to me...