Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Who are you?

Do you have the backing from Heaven to do the tough stuff? I think this is a powerful question and one I have been mulling over for days. You will never be what God is calling you to, until you come to an understanding of what and who you are. If you don’t know what you are called to do, then you will not have the authority to do what needs to be done. This is the logic behind the question.

So once again, do you have the backing of Heaven to do the tough stuff? Do you have the Truth and Power of God backing you in your work and walk? Do you live in the Power of His Spirit? Well I can’t answer for you obviously, but I can answer for me, and many times the answer is no. I crowd God out completely some days with my frenetic pace and busyness. The hours seem to drain away faster and faster and my panic grows and expands. Peace flees as fast as the hours do and in the end, it’s all for nothing, because without the backing of heaven, by the Power of the Spirit, we are wasting our time. “But God still sends me every blessing Dave“ you say.

Stop christianizing the American dream! This is not about you. You are called out and separated to do the will of God! Not your will, God’s will. I hear testimonies all the time and they are almost invariably about how God gave them some part of the American dream. It is all too often about their wants and their desires . . . all to seldom about God’s wishes and desires. This is about the King, the Kingdom, the wants of Heaven, the Pleasures of the King, and my small role in the whole affair.

Who am I? An American consumer? Or a child . . . and citizen of the King and Kingdom? Some days I don’t know.


1 comment:

Pastor Jerry said...

That will preach and preach well. Thanks for challenging us.