Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The chaos of teenagers


The quiet orderly life pursued by many Christians is not obtainable by people who have teenagers. Peace of that nature when you have three teenagers is as elusive as a suntan in a snow storm. It just isn't going to happen. But let's be honest here, peace and quiet are way overrated. That is the stuff for mortuaries and funerals. If you want to live then embrace the chaos!


In case you can't tell, my kids are home for the Christmas holidays and I am in heaven (or as close as one gets while here on earth). I work in a funeral parlor. My office I mean is like a funeral parlor when the kids aren't home. Brenda is great fun and she makes me laugh, but we are so busy going opposite directions 3/4's of the time, that we don't see each other that much throughout the day. But when the kids are home, I can't get a single thing done and I love it.


And it's even better now that they are old enough to go with me and hang, while I am working with people or stuff. It is wonderful to have them along, and to go along with them as they do stuff. I did that tonight and I met some lovely people that I had been trying to find for a long time. I can't get a single thing done and it's wonderful, and being together is just simply the best.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Dude, I'm so glad your kids are back! Greet them all for us!