Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The super people eater

The super people eater

These last four days have been people packed. For a mild introvert, it has been exhausting. But this is the only way to get the important stuff done in life and work, since I am also in the people business not just in the idea business. Insult to injury is that I have had no internet connection for the last three days and so all my idea work has been set aside completely and I have ONLY had people packed hours with no mitigating idea work along the way. The super people eater.

However this morning, I am sitting here on a beautiful patio in Munich with a fine cup of coffee, and a Bluetooth keyboard and iPhone (and yes the screen is a little small, but this is a travel lite trip) and the three kids haven't yet descended on me, and thus I can make some idea work time, and even have a decent ambience for it, and the minimum tools. I will connect with the World Wide Web all too soon.

So here I sit gnawing on how to help these folks move forward. They have a solid calling, a solid faith, more than decent hard skills, have raised the money and are now in Munich. But who to work with and in what ways? We have no history or network in Munich so we have to build it all from the ground up. They are going to succeed just fine, but I want to go big, and so need to think out how to help them do that well. Suck it up David and make it happen!