Saturday, July 08, 2017

New beginnings, really Apple?

This is the first time I have traveled with the Apple keyboard and iPad Pro along with Apple Pencil, rather than my Logitech Keyboard and iPad Pro. The difference is that I had two Apple Bluetooth keyboard’s, but one hasn’t worked (pairing unsuccessful every time) for 3-4 years, and this one I kept as part of my laptop into desktop set up along with a monitor and trackpad, etc, etc. But I love the feel and form of these Bluetooth keyboards, and so on a whim, I decided to take the one that would not pair, to the iStyle store near me and see what it would cost to repair it.

Only with Apple does this kind of experience regularly occur with me and various repairs over the years . . . they are just gonna replace the old Bluetooth keyboard completely, even though it is long long out of warranty and I haven’t used it for at least three years, (since the keyboard I am typing on also has Thai characters on it, that tells me the latest time frame I could have purchased it)!!!!!!!

So the new beginnings are: trying out this new working setup, with this keyboard and pencil with this new iPad Pro, and I also am trying out a new “ebag” on this trip too, and I already have had one very positive experience with that new bag, in that I did not have to take out my iPad Pro during security! That was excellent! The only thing that I miss of the old setup at the moment is the ability to use the same keyboard with three different  devices, with just the press of one button. 

Now I am gonna try to switch to typing on my iPhone with this keyboard. Pretty certain that I have to pair it to the iPhone separately and that will mean it is no longer paired to this iPad Pro. . . . it was worse than that . . . I had to “forget this device” before it would show up on the second device as a possible Bluetooth device, and then once it did, pair it. Then again the whole process to go back to the iPad Pro with the keyboard. 


Other than that, so far this is a really smooth work setup. Will know better after 6 days on the road. Off to Berlin and Munich we go.