Thursday, July 20, 2017

Undervaluing customers is underperforming

It is the end of a long week and a long day. The Renault Dealership has had my car for the last 10 days and basically did nothing to check the problems that the car has been having. I am a low priority customer, because I have an old old car, and I am a foreigner, and I use the car very little relative to other customers . . . but I am STILL a customer. A customer with cash and a future of business to deliver to you, if you treat me well. More importantly I drive other customers their direction, or not.

Plus I am a relaxed customer not bugging you endlessly to put me at the front of the line. A patient paying customer. At least call me and tell me what is going on with the service challenges that you are facing, or the parts problem that you have, or the lack of mechanics, or whatever the problem is . . . but don’t make me call and call and have you never answer the phone, or worse yet come over there repeatedly to see what and where we are with this process. 

Renault service has always underperformed somewhat, but this one was the straw that broke the future we could have had together. Someone else will get that business from now on.

So I am letting them go. Instead of worrying about it any longer, I am putting this all down on digital paper and out of my mind and enjoying a nice cigar on my balcony.