Sunday, July 29, 2007

how the church pimped my ride today

After church this morning, as I finished pronouncing the benediction, Ray stood up in the back and asked everyone to be seated. He then proceeded to come to the front and treat Brenda and I to some great meal tickets for some super eating spots in town. But then the kicker was what they gave me to drive for the day! Look at this photo and drool! I drove this thing at obscene speeds, and I gotta tell you, from zero to 60, it’s faster than the angels of God! This qualifies as the nicest gift a church has every given me as their pastor, period.

2 comments:

TheWongWay said...

David that is one sweet gift but i'm fairly certain that if I got that for Pastor Jim, Bev wouldn't let him ride it around the parking lot....

Bernie said...

David! Sweetness! I was thinking about a bike here - problem being you can only ride it 3-4 months out of the year - and there is nothing like this that can buy here. However, any bike will do... :)

I must say that this is quite the "pastor appreciation" gift. You must be doing something right... ;-)