Monday, February 05, 2007

Superbowl of decadence


OK, I admit it . . . I put on my unapologically American hat last night and I stayed up most of the night and watched the superbowl LIVE on Macedonian television. Not only did I watch the superbowl, but I also had American salsa (though admitedly unamerican chips). It felt very decadent I have to fess up . . . I don’t indulge myself like this very often. It was great I have to say .

Especially after the mighty struggle that church was Sunday morning. I had gotten a good night’s sleep Saturday night, but after the morning’s service, I laid down and slept another 3 hours! The service was definitely a struggle for me yesterday. I am not exactly sure why, but I am confident that it was one of the toughest mornings I have had preaching in a long time. Preaching is often like breathing for me . . . but not this one.

Honestly, I enjoyed watching the boys play in the rain more than I enjoyed the spiritual battle in the service Sunday.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Well, obviously Brenda was praying for you while you preached :-) because the living-by-the-rules-is-not-freedom message came through very clearly. You are certainly in a battle...and I'm glad you can stay strong at least partly by resting and rejuvenating.
(Hoosier domination!)