Friday, September 01, 2006

What to talk to teens about?

What do you talk to youth about today? Here, one could be highly tempted to talk about super-tight form fitting clothes, or sex or drugs and laziness. Those are big issues here. But this is the not the approach that builds team, warm feelings and significant change, anyone can be negative, but what about a positive approach? So instead, Brenda and I talked to the kids at the Youth Camp about:

1. Who are you in Christ?
2. What God is calling you to do?
3. Where God is calling you to do it?
4. Does God lead you personally?
5. What does character have to do with Life?

It struck me as we were working through these issues together, that much of this material still needs to be applied in my life, not only in the lives of these teenagers! So much for the idea that "youth" need special messages . . . I still need those same messages today and I ain't no youth.

No comments: