Friday, May 12, 2006

The Atomic clock?

The atomic clock what a good idea . . . a clock that receives a signal each day that resets the time correctly so that you never have to think about if your clock is fast or slow . . . no, it's just right. According the folks I am staying with in Mostar right now that is a fine threory, but their atomic clock can be a half hour off, or 10 minutes off, or 10 hours off occasinally.

In fact Mark got up several hours earlier than necessary yesterday because the atomic clock that they have (which beams the time up on the ceiling) was couple of hours off. Clearly this clock is having a difficult time receiving the signal correctly. Or perhaps it is the high mountains surrounding Mostar. Perhaps it is the clock itself! But something certainly is not working right and the results are missed sleep, confused sleepers, and general chaos.

Boy what a picture of my communication with Christ! My signal cetainly get's crossed sometimes, or I am not picking up the signal at all. Maybe it's the mountains surrounding me in life, or perhaps it's just me. But one thing is for sure, just as an atomic clock that can't get the signal right is fairly useless as a clock, a Christain who can't receive, hear or understand the signals of his Savior correctly is pretty useless as a servant.

I think I will go signal-getting again, with my antenna all the way focused.

No comments: