Friday, April 21, 2006

Homosexuitis

It was reported in the news here in Skopje yesterday that on one of the local homosexual websites, that the homosexual community was casting their votes for local personalities that they considered to be the most sexy. If you are any good at Cyrillic you can see the article here: http://www.on.net.mk/default-MK.asp?ItemID=F35377D624A37C49BDFA61758099DFC0

What is interesting to me is the homophobia of the Western church. Oh I know, He despises sin and He classifies homosexuality as a practice of sin. No one is debating that. Instead I am commenting on the cultural phenomena in the Western Church that makes homosexuality the ultimate bad sin. Granted, not all sins are equal, but all sins are sinful. I think gluttony is one of God's most hated sins . . . but the Western Church does not get too upset about that. I think God really hates disobedience in any fashion . . . the story of Achan still gives me the willys . . . yet I still can be disobedient. No I think homosexuality is just an easy kicking boy for the church. I have a huge secret to tell you now. Please don't get too upset with me and please don't begin throwing stones at me. Some of you are going to be pretty upset with me, but I still have to say this and confess this: God loves homosexuals and He died for them and their sin is just as easily and completely dealt with by His cross, as your gluttony or my lusting.

There I said it . . . that's Dr. D's Diagnosis of the day. Homosexuals are sinners just like me who need the same gracious and loving Savior that I need everyday. The homophobia of the Western church is far too similar to the inquisitions of the Middle Ages. I probably need to stop this hypocritical finger-pointing and start being Christ to the world.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thank you. That needed to be said.