Monday, February 18, 2019

The moment

The moment

The absolute most difficult time for me to live in. The now. The moment. This minute. I live mentally and profoundly in the future. What's coming next. The NEXT thing. The tomorrow. It's been this way since I was a kid. Always thinking about, planning for, anticipating, the future. But I discovered along the way that I wasn't getting much out of the present. 

This is a powerfully negative attribute, because the Now, this moment is all I (or you) actually have. There are no tomorrows, there is no future, except in a possible theoretical way. Yes it probably will get here, but it may not. So Now is all I truly have and can count upon. It is imperative that I enjoy, experience, and live this moment.

So my mental energy is often employed to pull me back from this future abyss and remind myself sternly that the psychic prison of the future is robbing my present of . . . well everything. Don't lose 40 years of your life like someone I know well. 

Live this moment well. It's all any of us have truly.