Saturday, February 09, 2019

Banks and horrors

Banks and horror

The American banking system is broken beyond imagination. It is intrusive and invasive under the guise of protecting us all from some remote money laundering actions or some other imagined threat. They blame the Federal government and that may or may not be accurate and true. But this I know for certain after the last 11 weeks of wrestling with the American banking nightmare - they have no interest at heart but their own.

I am a model client for a bank. No debt and a credit rating over 800 and assets - but I can't borrow any money. That's right, a person who is a premiere candidate for repaying the money I borrow (if for no other reason than I always have), a person who has shown and proven that they handle money in a wise and appropriate manner, can't get anything out of a bank. I tried. I tried with a great deal of effort. I tried with tenacity. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. No progress. In fact, my responsible behavior with fiscal resources for all my life make me a prime risk according to the banks of America.

Now the private sector is an entirely different story. They are falling all over themselves to give me more money than I can reasonably return. This too is a travesty. For it is the inversion of the American banking system. Too much money with too little collateral too easily given. And no I am not complaining, but simply explaining, that both of these positions are dire situations. Money is too tight in the banking sector and too loose in the private sector.

The horror of it all is how many banks just turned away my business so frivolously. I am trying to do business. I am trying to make a profit. A profit which would profit them as well. I honestly cannot imagine how they are making any money. Most branch managers seemed genuinely irritated that I interrupted their solitaire games which they were playing on their bank computers, when I come calling for money. (There were two exceptions along the way, but they too produced far too little in the end of a great deal of effort on their parts and my part).

So in the end I am using my own money and owner financing for my business ventures. They (the owners) are making a tidy profit, and I am laboring to move forward with building a reservoir with which my wife and I can bless others. But if you have a line on how you can get banks to part with their resources, I welcome an email from you spelling out how this might could happen.