Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The center of things

The center of things is really important. Take for instance my back.  Its killing me! Every. Single. Movement. Hurts.  

Thats because the center of things, the spine right above your bottom, is the fulcrum of the body. No action can take place without involving that center of things.

Your heart.  It is another kind of center of things.  No devotion can happen.  No inspiration can occur.  The best and the hardest of life all pass through this center of things.  Most important here is your connection and relationship to the Living Savior

Your commitment. We are committed to many things, but not what we usually think we are committed to.  I see this all the time.  People tell me that they are committed to this or committed to that, but when I observe their daily actions, I see what they are really committed to, really.  This center of things is what I DO.  It is my daily actions that produce something.  All too often it can be all about me . . . regardless of what I SAY.

The value you provide.  This center of things is critical to my emotional wellbeing.  It is purpose.  It is making a difference. When we have meaningful work to accomplish and we do it well, there is nothing quite like it.  It can so be, a life well lived.  Not measured by longevity, but rather impact and significance.

The goal is to keep these centers healthy, unstrained, toned, exercised, in great shape, so that you can live a remarkable life, one of effortless and powerful purpose.