Sunday, December 26, 2010

Shame on me

This is being written in a rather bad way. I feel terrible because I have been bad-mouthing British Airways and Raptim travel all day . . . and now I find myself sitting in a business class seat -backwards. Yes I said backwards. The reason this is so, and that I am uncomfortably close the man facing the proper direction is that these seats fully recline and the way that they accomplish this is by facing one seat forward and the other one toward the rear.

Worse yet, this is actually my wife's seat. She gave it up for me, because she can't bear the thought of being in business class with all these high-fluting souls who can actually afford these seats. Brenda had what is known as a "forced upgrade" whatever that means. How do you "force" an upgrade? Anyhoo it was totally weird taking facing the rear of the aircraft, but I am glad that I am being forced to do so.

Being able to cross my legs and eventually lay down is such a huge relief. The lack of possible positions in standard coach seats is one of the reasons that long distant travel is so tiring and exhausting. But I feel a little ashamed for talking bad about all these companies and then having such a gift bestowed on me. The moral of this story, don't complain, because you never know what good thing is coming.