Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sumo Mania

The World Championship of Sumo Wrestling just occurred here this past weekend. Sumo Wrestling is to the uninitiated, just a bunch of overweight bullies pushing one another around . . . and granted there is a measure of that going on. But when you see the explosive power of these two giants coming out of their stance and colliding . . . you wonder that the building does not shake and fall!

I included this video of one of the mighty falling . . . literally!

There were competitors from Germany, Poland, The Netherlands, Russia, Japan, Thailand, USA, Ukraine, Mongolia, Malaysia, Hungary, Hong Kong, China, Brazil, and others.

Perhaps I have a new career in the making?

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Sumo is like watching a car accident for me. I was getting a haircut yesterday, and it was on TV - and I can't stop watching in spite of myself. It's big stuff here in Mongolia, as the Mongolian guys are always winning! Thanks for educating your viewers on a world class sport. If you haven't seen this Pepsi commercial, you should check it out...