Monday, November 19, 2007

Hungarian TP

I thought I had returned to Russia to be honest with you. It has been many years since I have been forced to use paper this coarse, rough, unfriendly and painful. If you can imagine posterboard thickness and sandpaper grain, then you have a good idea how bad, painful and useless one finds Hungarian toilet paper.

At least this is the case in Ferihegy Airport in Budapest. Perhaps in the private homes of Budapest, there is a much more pleasing process to be experienced, but the one at the airport hurts.

When I encounter this style of displeasure, I am always tempted to take some and write a letter to someone on it . . . it certainly would be pen-proof and durable.

Perhaps I will write the local government in Budapest about this issue . . . or take the whole roll (it's industrial size) and start a petition against such abuse on the general public, especially the traveling public. I imagine that everyone in the airport would gladly sign it.

2 comments:

Sue O. (aka Joannie, SS) said...

Perhaps we might make Mr. Whipple our embassador to Hungary....(sorry, I couldn't resist) See, capitalism IS useful after all.

BarbaraC said...

I know exactly what David is saying: I came through the Ferihegy Airport last month. His description is 100% accurate! I came from the rest room praising God for Charmin!