Thursday, May 16, 2019

What’s part of our “next”?

What's next?

The only constant seems to be change itself. I am fond of saying that I am living with the third version of my wife, and she is probably living with the fifth version of me. No one stays the same unless they are dead, and I am not yet. The person you married has gone through a number of revolutions since your wedding day. That is normal. That is to be expected and even admired.

Long story short, in my life, that means I keep leaving really great and perfect jobs, for the next challenge. The current one is what I am calling "13 doors" and if you are into real estate investing and understand your "freedom number" then that makes sense. Otherwise, you will just have to wait until I write that particular blog and clue you in. For those in the know, I am currently at five doors.

13 doors is keeping me on the edge of my seat. It's keeping me awake at night. These are probably good things. Everyone needs tension in their lives to make things interesting. I have no idea how my current and upcoming economic engines will integrate or how one may be accepted or rejected by the other. But they WILL intersect, only the when and how are yet to be determined. Again the only constant is change itself.  This is happening. Imagining that it is not, is a Grimm Fairytale.