Sunday, November 18, 2018

Exactly two years ago . . .

Exactly two years ago . . . 

I was on this same flight number, same airline, same destination, same route and when I landed in Atlanta my son Jake called me and told me that I was too late, mom had already passed away.  Not unexpected, not a surprise, but life-changing nevertheless. Another part of the fabric of life was ripped and can never be the same. A pillar in my life was destroyed and removed.

There is no way I would be sitting here and wishing her back with us in the same condition she found herself at the end, but God I miss her. I miss her laugh, her wisdom and her mercy. No one has those in the same qualities that she did. My life would be so much less if not for her. I may have come farther than any man before me in the history of the world, because of the influence of my mom in my life. I miss you girl . . .