Monday, May 08, 2017

The best gifts

The slow concentrated present . . . was a great gift

As I said in the previous blog I surround myself with A level people. They never let me rest! They offer so much to me that I would never be able to see on my own. This particular gift of a person, reminded me that the masses are being trained to have "continuous partial attention" and also reminded me of what a disaster that is for our world. Attention is the rarest element in the social universe! Focus is the most difficult skill to foster in the modern world!

Yet if you want to be a change-the-world person, you must give the MIT (most important thing) your deepest attention, your most intense focus, the very best version of yourself! I have found that surrounding yourself with A level people who will never let you rest, who will never settle for less than spectacular, who want you to be the person they hope you are, is the very best way to move in that direction. 

Is it easy? Oh no! Is it comfortable? Are you sh**ting me? But is it incredible? You bet! Yet you can't get there without A level people who demand and expect more of you. People who will send you material that will rock you, who expect you to live it!