Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Maintenance moments?

Thank God for maintenance! Today was my 6000 kilometer service for my motorcycle. I needed what this brought, all apart from the oil and filter. 

The maintenance service forced me to sit, be still, and work. I needed it badly. Although it is not like I had been avoiding it or anything, just the busyness of the day, guests, schedules, urgency of the moment, email, demands, rain, distractions of the day, everything taking longer to accomplish than allotted, competing agendas and desires, etc, etc, simply derailed me completely from focused concentrated work.

Take advantage of those enforced times of maintenance, whether it is the Honda shop or the Midas muffler shop or a flight or road trip or waiting in line or any minutes where you are forced to be patient and wait - can serve as a great opportunity for an inspirational moment.